The CSN School Sector is composed of 37 Public Sector unions. Affiliated with the CSN/FEESP(Fédération des employées et employés de services publics), the School Sector represents a total of 30,000 support staff employees from 33 school boards across Quebec, two of which are English-language school boards.
As representatives of the largest group of school support-staff unions in the province, the CSN School Sector covers the following categories of employment:
- Technical and Para-technical Support Positions
- Administrative Support Positions
- Labour Support Positions
These employees work in three distinct sectors of activity : the General Sector ; the Special Education Sector ; and the Day Care Services Sector.
The School Sector’s main goal is to promote and defend the best interests of its union members with regard to their professional, economic, social and political concerns. In order to carry out this mandate, it :
- negotiates the Collective Agreement and all other agreements at the provincial level;
- negotiates the Collective Health Insurance policy and oversees its implementation ;
- ensures representation at CSN decisional meetings and any other meeting deemed;
- pertinent for the representation of its union members;
- determines the rate of union dues and manages the budget.
Delegates for the School Sector meet approximately four times per year although, during negotiations these meetings may be held more frequently.
School Sector of the FEESP-CSN
Telephone : (514) 598-2367
Fax : (514) 598-2398
1601 Delorimier, Montreal H2K 4M5
- 22 mai à 10:00 - 24 mai à 17:00